Start making a difference to Breast Cancer Survivors!
We welcome everyone in our community, regardless of whether or not you are a cancer survivor, to volunteer at the Pink House or one of our many local events. We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities, from short one-time events to ongoing projects. We can match you with a volunteer job that will match your interests and available time.
Here are some of the many areas in which you can volunteer:
Note: Some volunteer opportunities are currently limited due to the Covid-19 pandemic and extra caution for immune-compromised breast cancer Survivors. However, there are still plenty of ways you can help. Call us at 704-370-7773 to discuss possibilities.
- Greeting Survivors at our monthly meetings and making sure we get their feedback forms
- Sending birthday and support cards
- Helping gather information and answer questions for Survivors who call with treatment, reconstruction questions
- Do weekly follow-up phone calls/ hand written notes to new Survivors sheets
- Watching and sharing social media posts to your own circles
- Helping us make social media posts and respond to comments
- Promoting CBF in the community
- Coordinating production of our Comfort Bags for Survivors
- Soliciting materials donations for Comfort Bags as needed
- Maintaining production of our Inspiration Jars for Survivors
- Distributing outreach items to local doctor offices and hospitals as needed
- Checking in with doctor's offices to assess usefulness of outreach and patient needs
- Maintaining and Improving the Pink House and Healing Garden
- Weekly watering of plants
- Organizing and maintaining a list of Pink House supply needs
- Answering phones and/or welcoming new survivors and visitors to the Pink house
- Helping with major fundraisers
- Representing CBF at community events such as the monthly breast cancer forum, informational meetings and Breast Cancer Awareness month events that provide information about CBF and the programming we offer
- Serving as a community liaison to local businesses and organizations to solicit donations, sponsorships, and services needed
If you'd like to volunteer, call 704-370-7773 or submit your information below.