Our Doors Are Open Again!
We're excited to share that the doors of the Pink House are once again open to offer in-person care and comfort to anyone living with breast cancer. Just call or email us to make an appointment.
Because women and men with breast cancer have compromised immune systems as a result of their diagnosis, treatment and/or ongoing medication, we are exercising caution and following strict guidelines to keep those coming to the house safe. We have increased the cleaning and disinfecting routines at the Pink House and will be disinfecting high-touch surfaces between visits. Masks are required.
Services & Support We're Providing
- In-person services - the Pink House is open and offering 1:1 in-person services. We strongly encourage scheduling an appointment. If a breast cancer Survivor is seeking in-person support or needs a wig, bra or prosthesis, simply call the Pink House at 704-370-7773 to make an appointment (and follow the Visitor Guideline below).
- Individualized sessions - We are pleased to resume a selection of personalized, one-on-one sessions by appointment only, such as Oncology Massage, Fascial Stretching, and Healing Touch. Appointments are limited. Call or see our calendar for details.
- Virtual Programs - we have been offering (and will continue to offer) our programming virtually and via video. Virtual sessions are occurring every week in the areas of Support, Wellbeing, Nutrition, Self-Image and Education, and more people are participating than we could even fit in the Pink House! Click here to see what's coming up.
- Mentoring - We will continue to match recently diagnosed Survivors with mentors for support via phone, Facetime or Zoom. In fact, our phone lines have remained open since the onset of the pandemic, and staff remain on duty remotely as well as in the Pink House on a rotation basis.
- Comfort Bags - we are still putting together comfort bags, that can be picked up at the Pink House or shipped. Please contact us at 704-370-7773 if you or someone you know could benefit from a comfort bag.
- Videos - We are adding new videos to our YouTube Channel every week. We have 35+ videos up right now that you can watch at any time! Click here to check it out. Subscribe to get notifications when new videos post.
- Please limit visits to one (1) breast cancer Survivor with a maximum of one (1) additional visitor only if the Survivor needs emotional support. Otherwise, family and friends can remain in a vehicle or outside on the patio and socially distant from anyone not in their immediate party.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth at all times.
- Visitors must be at least 18 years old.
- Visitors must be free from respiratory illness, fever, cough, congestion, or flu-like symptoms.
- Follow all social distancing and safety guidance. This includes wearing masks and hand washing/disinfecting.
- You may not visit if you have COVID-19, or may have COVID-19 (being tested), or come in contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the past 14 days.