Our Response to COVID-19
- We have stepped up the frequency of disinfecting, especially in high-use, high-touch areas such as restrooms, door knobs, handrails, the fitness room, etc.
- We have added extra hand sanitizer and are ordering additional supplies.
- We will continue to greet Survivors, volunteers and guests warmly, while remaining aware that some individuals may prefer to avoid shaking hands.
CBF staff are following CDC recommendations, and we encourage you to do the same.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Seek medical treatment for severe or persistent symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow instead of your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces regularly.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- CBF Staff and Board of Directors
March 11, 2020
Dear Survivors, Volunteers, and Friends,
The safety and health of our Survivors, volunteers, staff, and community are our top priority, so we want to address our approach to the developing Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation.
Here at the Pink House, we are following the Center for Disease Control (CDC), North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Mecklenburg County Public Health, and North Carolina Emergency Management agencies for news and updates regarding the spread of the virus. We will closely monitor and adhere to the advice of these public health agencies. In addition, we remain in contact with other similar cancer organizations to track what is being done in our community.
At this time, we remain fully operational. All scheduled programs and activities will proceed as planned. We encourage everyone to remain active and engaged. Doing the things you enjoy and getting adequate sleep are great ways to elevate your mood and boost your immune system.
Should sessions be cancelled--individually or on the whole--we will update accordingly on our Event Calendar so that those sessions will be marked as cancelled on the calendar and home page and anyone who has RSVP'd for the session will receive an email notification.
We are committed to maintaining a safe environment for you to gather with other Survivors. Within Carolina Breast Friends, the Pink House, we are taking the following precautions: